Social Work Celebration & Awards
March is national social work month ~ join us at the annual event in Colorado for our profession. Includes social hour with light appetizers, cash bar, and an inspiring award ceremony.
Held on Thursday, March 2nd, 6pm-8pm at the Courtyard Marriott, I25 & Colorado Blvd in Denver. Attendance is $25 (students $15). RSVP Required Here.
Chapter Awards Presented to:
Social Worker of the Year - Kim Stewart
Lifetime Achievement - Pat Tagert (posthumous)
Distinguished Legislator - Rep. Lois Landgraf (HD-21)
Other Awards Presented:
CSCSW Most Distinguished Clinician - Margaret Roath
CSCSW Community Service - Li Brookens
CSCSW Social work Advocate - Denis Lane
Newman Distinguished Adjunct Faculty - Debi Grebenik
Newman Distinguished Alumni - Manuel Carrillo
DU-GSSW Hawkins Achievement - Kristi Mock
DU-GSSW Service - Stephanie Lechuga-Pena
DU-GSSW Community Service - Renee Conway
MSUD Distinguished Affiliate - Andy Mrkvicka
MSUD Distinguished Alumni - Tyrone Braxton
Co-hosted by the CO Society for Clinical Social Work, Metro State University of Denver Swk Dept, Newman University School of Swk, University of Denver GSSW, and of course NASW CO Chapter.
Ready to Resist?
After the Women's March many members a re feeling invigorated and looking for ways to get more involved. Right now, efforts are focused on reaching out to your Members of Congress during the recess from February 18-26th when they are back home. Chapter suggests you look into:
- In Aurora social workers in Rep. Coffman's district will attempt to meet with the Congressman. Contact Sarah Lincoln or the Chapter office for details.
- In Grand Junction join the event at Rep. Tipton's office. Stand with others in the community to demand a real town hall meeting.
- Register and find a local planning meeting or action event today thru indivisibleguide.com
- March on Colorado is still evolving and wants to serve as a hub to help people direct their efforts in a meaningful way to activities already underway.
- First we marched, now we huddle. Huddles are part of the 10 Actions for the First 100 Days campaign, launched at the national Women’s March. The plan is to mobilize millions to win back the country and world we want.
Featured Keynote - Michele Weiner-Davis, MSW
Michele is an internationally renowned relationship expert, best-selling author, marriage therapist, and professional speaker who specializes in helping people change their lives and improve important relationships. She was among the first in her field to courageously speak out about the pitfalls of unnecessary divorce. Michele is the Director of The Divorce Busting® Center with offices in Boulder, Colorado and Woodstock, Illinois. In addition to her private practice, She is a highly acclaimed and sought-after speaker, known for her life-transforming, energetic and entertaining keynote addresses and seminars.
Attend the conference, network, and support our keynote, Colorado's own AND a social worker. Discount registration still available, plus NASW members get an extra $25 dollars off. Use code: February25
Colorado Mental Health Professionals Conference
April 28 & 29, 2017 at the University of Denver
Co-hosted by NASW Colorado
Along with CCA, CAAP, & CoAMFT
Earn CE/PDH Hours ~ register here